Reality Development Lab: Reality Study - Reality Development Lab

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Reality Study To explore reality on a regular basis

#1 User is offline   The_Isimist 

• Group: Members

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:19 AM

It seems that the Church of Realityis a vastly differed group from person to person. The purpose of these forums is to open the dialoge of a wide choice of topics. The inherent problem with such a forum is the lack of focus. Though people here are greatly interested in argument in pursuit of enlightenment we are all human (I hope lol). We cannot tackle all the known universe at once. I propose a study thread be made on a regular basis to make subjects more managable. Over time we may also acheive the main goal of CoR which is to find truth and know what is real. Our diversity as it stands is caused by many view points that come from all over the world. As it stands we are not all of like mind. Though we share interest in becoming more like minded.

A study group for christians he to open opinions and share experiences (my parents attended one today which lead me to this). If the realist come here to share these experiences perhaps it would be wise to follow tried and true methods. Focus on one topic at a time and we will better ourselves in a more efficient manner.

Suggested topics have been covered in already existing threads, but perhaps setting a day to focus on specific threads could help. Just an idea. Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   Whatsgoingon 

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostThe_Isimist, on 28 February 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

It seems that the Church of Realityis a vastly differed group from person to person. The purpose of these forums is to open the dialoge of a wide choice of topics. The inherent problem with such a forum is the lack of focus. Though people here are greatly interested in argument in pursuit of enlightenment we are all human (I hope lol). We cannot tackle all the known universe at once. I propose a study thread be made on a regular basis to make subjects more managable. Over time we may also acheive the main goal of CoR which is to find truth and know what is real. Our diversity as it stands is caused by many view points that come from all over the world. As it stands we are not all of like mind. Though we share interest in becoming more like minded.

A study group for christians he to open opinions and share experiences (my parents attended one today which lead me to this). If the realist come here to share these experiences perhaps it would be wise to follow tried and true methods. Focus on one topic at a time and we will better ourselves in a more efficient manner.

Suggested topics have been covered in already existing threads, but perhaps setting a day to focus on specific threads could help. Just an idea. Thoughts?

This sounds like fun, could I suggest we start from the beginning? Following what we do naturally whenever we come across an issue we need to solve. That being, asking the question, "what do I know is true". Think epistemological, I'll start.

There is something going on. Agreed?

Agreed?
Gary

#3 User is offline   The_Isimist 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

A fascinating subject indeed. After reviewing the word Epistemology of which I had previously not been acquainted with, I found that I never looked into the definition of knowledge. As far as that subject we might want to lead people to a thread on the forum specifically for that. I propose a thread be made after this using the first topic "the definition of knowledge". We direct people to it as the monthly (or weekly) thread topic. Since this thread is mearly the suggestion of a monthly/weekly topic. I am, of course, okay with the idea :D. It seems to be a good start. My plan is to evoke a lure for members on a regular basis.

#4 User is offline   Voyonatu 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

View PostThe_Isimist, on 28 February 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

I tried something like this with what I called Theme Series, if some of you guys remember those. Marc deleted them because they were double-posting material. What I was trying to do was collect together all the individual, informal material for a particular subject and summarise and formalise it. Maybe it didn't work out for some reason... :(

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users